Tuesday, April 1, 2008

He Didn't Think

Have you ever said,"I am sorry , but I didn't think"? You won't have to say that often if you listen to older persons. They want to help you. This poem proves it.


Once there was a little bird
Who lived outside our door
And thought he'd like to come inside
And hop about the floor
"Oh, no!" said his mother,
"You must stay with me.
Little birds are safest Sitting in tree."
"I don't care," said birdie,
And gave his tail a fling,
"I don't think the old folks
Know quite everything.
"
So down he flew and kitty seized him
Before he'd time to blink.
"Oh!" he cried," I'm sorry,
But I didn't think."

Phoebe Cary

2 comments:

Femin Susan said...

wow!!!!!!!!
thanks for the visit. How you manage all this blogs. Good luck.

Unknown said...

hey ya gal!! thanx a ton for the comment :) the appreciation is highly valued :) keep up ur work. i loved that poem. very very potent words those. keep rockin :)